Sunday 6 August 2017

Getting Excited for the Genealogy Roadshow

I'm excited.

Why?

It's August, which is National Family History Month.

It's August, which means Unlock The Past's Genealogy Roadshow - Researching Abroad: Finding European and British Isles Ancestors - is about to begin! Woohoo!

Two leading international genealogists Chris Paton and Dirk Weissleder are coming down under for a few weeks, visiting most major capitals to talk genealogy.

Click the image for more information.

The roadshow kicks off in Brisbane on the 8th and 9th of August - this coming Tuesday and Wednesday. On Tuesday, Chris will be talking about Scottish and Irish research, and on Wednesday, Dirk will be talking all things German genealogy. Before my ancestors ended up in Australia and the USA, they were predominantly from Scotland, so I am very keen to hear Chris' talks. I am also curious to hear what Dirk has to say about using German records. I do not have any European ancestors...that I know of...but I have started looking into one of my best friend's family history, and he has a few German ancestors. I need all the help and advice I can get. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to German records.

I am looking forward to meeting Dirk, and it will be great to catch up with Chris who I met at  a previous Unlock The Past event in 2014.

Me & Chris Paton, February 2014.

As with every genealogy event, I cannot wait to catch up with my friends and meet some new ones. I wonder if there will be a dinner on Tuesday night?

Click here for more information on the Brisbane event.

Click here to find out when the roadshow is coming to a major capital near you.

Excited!
I will be live-tweeting as much as possible (@caitieamanda) so make sure to follow me on Twitter to stay up to date with all the news from the event.

--------
As an Ambassador for the event, Unlock The Past are kindly giving me free entry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment